Australia's most iconic resort welcomes three culinary pedigrees to deliver a new era of dining on Hayman Island.
Reserve your room, and your table, for the 1 July opening of Hayman Island by InterContinental. With a seven-decade heritage in restaurant and bar excellence, InterContinental® Hotels & Resortswelcome three new culinary heavyweights to lead five distinct dining experiences on island.
Joshua Dowsjoins the team as Director of Restaurants and Bars, leading the charge on culinary direction and conceptualisation. Dows earned his stripes on board luxury cruise ships, catering to the many and varied desires of 3,000 passengers.
Dows says,“Our philosophy is built around giving guests a truly unique restaurant and bar experience across all our venues, mixing the very best of local flavour and global know-how. For me, it's about creating a lasting memory. It is a wonderful pleasure to experiment and uncover dining experiences which reflect not only the heart of the Whitsundays, but experiences filled with fun, distinction and refinement. We cannot wait to welcome our first guests in July.”
At the helm of the restaurant is Erwin Joven, appointed as Director of Kitchens. Joven has extensive experience working as an Executive Chef in luxury remote locations such as Fiji, Philippines and the British Virgin Islands. Joven has a passion for grilling outdoors and BBQing so guests to the island can look forward to the intoxicating aroma of a hot charcoal grill working its magic while they enjoy sundowners overlooking the Coral Sea.
Anthony Kramerjoins the team as Executive Sous Chef,having returned to Australia after a decade working in a high-end resort in Vietnam. Kramer brings a wealth of originality and experience working on Lord Howe Island, the Maldives and other remote island locations across the globe. Kramer loves fishing so there's a good chance his catch of the day will make it onto the menu.
These three culinary pedigrees are the guiding force behind the five distinct dining destinations and bar offerings on island:
- Pacific– Pacific is the resort's signature, brasserie-style bar and restaurant. It offers a gourmet buffet breakfast in the morning and sophisticated a la carte dining into the evening. Designed as a hub of connectivity to both people and island, Pacific will also unveil a draw-dropping ocean-front bar, destined to be the most distinct in the region. At its heart will be a bespoke beverage collection featuring classic cocktails with a contemporary twist, Australia's best wines, boutique beers and premium spirits.
- AQUA - Perched on the side of the iconic Hayman® Pool, AQUA offers guests a refreshing menu of easy-to-share seafood dishes, tropical fruit juices, fresh salad bowls and classic cocktails.
- Amici Trattoria – A blazing wood-fired pizza oven sits at the heart of this casual Italian eatery. The menu features pizza, pasta and an Australian wine list starring Italian grape varietals.
- Bam Bam – Full of character and your go-to for bold zesty dishes, Bam Bam serves up Pan-Asian cuisine infused with a fresh Australian twist. Specialities will include wok-tossed noodles and sugarcane juices, packed with punchy flavours.
- Bar Fifty – Set in the heart of the resort's lobby, Bar Fifty is an international iconic, having served sophisticated cocktails to the globetrotters since the 1950s. Bar Fifty pays careful dedication to its distinguished past, reopening with twists on familiar favourites, classic cocktails, canapés and light bites within a lively hub.
InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts has been highly-regarded as restaurant and bar aficionados for over seven decades, with its signature restaurants and destination bars home to some of life's most iconic moments. Hayman Island by InterContinental will embark on a new era of luxury from 1 July, evolving its culinary palate to meet the changing tastes of modern travellers.About InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG): IHG ® (InterContinental Hotels Group) [LON:IHG, NYSE:IHG (ADRs)] is a global organisation with a broad portfolio of hotel brands, including Regent Hotels & Resorts, InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts, Kimpton® Hotels & Restaurants, Hotel Indigo®, EVEN® Hotels, HUALUXE® Hotels and Resorts, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts, voco™ Hotels, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express®, Holiday Inn Club Vacations®, Holiday Inn Resort®, avid™ hotels, Staybridge Suites® and Candlewood Suites®.
IHG franchises, leases, manages or owns more than 5,600 hotels and approximately 837,000 guest rooms in more than 100 countries, with more than 1,900 hotels in its development pipeline. IHG also managesIHG® Rewards Club, our global loyalty programme, which has more than 100 million enrolled members.
In February 2019, IHG acquired Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas, adding 16 hotels (1,347 rooms) to its system and 18 hotels to its development pipeline. InterContinental Hotels Group PLC is the Group's holding company and is incorporated in Great Britain and registered in England and Wales. More than 400,000 people work across IHG's hotels and corporate offices globally.
Visit www.ihg.com for hotel information and reservations and www.ihgrewardsclub.com for more on IHG Rewards Club. For our latest news, visit: www.ihgplc.com/media and follow us on social media at: www.twitter.com/IHGCorporate, www.facebook.com/IHGCorporate andwww.linkedin.com/company/intercontinental-hotels-group
About InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts: The InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts brand makes travel alluring, with insights from over 70 years of experience. With 194 hotels and resorts around the world in more than 60 locations, each of our properties provides a gateway to the glamour of the InterContinental Life.
As a brand, we aim to embody global sophistication through our superior, understated service and exceptional amenities. What makes us truly different is the genuine interest we show our guests through personalised and attentive services. We offer our most valued guests signature VIP services through a dedicated InterContinental® Ambassador programme and an exclusive Club InterContinental® experience. We connect our well-travelled guests to what's special about a destination, so they enjoy authentic local experiences that will enrich their lives. For more information, visit www.intercontinental.com, and connect with us on Facebook www.facebook.com/intercontinental, Twitter www.twitter.com/InterConHotels, and Instagram www.instagram.com/intercontinental.