Best smile tends to reach the eyes and in the modern age, people have taken this saying a lot more seriously. People have started to visit the dental clinic without any fear and have undergone a massive transformation by replacing their old ones with the more beautiful and gorgeous artificial teeth.
These porcelain veneers have created a perfect smile and it is no wonder why this procedure is called an anti-aging process! The popularity of porcelain veneers is skyrocketing with each passing year and people have shown immense faith in the process for better oral health and a striking smile.
These easy and high-quality dental appliances are capable of correcting stained, misaligned, gapped, and chipped teeth with efficiency and provide the patients with the smile they want. Now, you will wonder how these porcelain veneers actually work.
Porcelain Veneers Melbourne: How to Get Them?
Porcelain veneers Melbourne are a thin layered shell-type artificial cover for your teeth that are tooth-coloured and will help you achieve an aesthetically accurate and beautiful smile. These resin-based veneers are usually inserted in one appointment but take time due to the care taken while preparing them as per the patients’ preferences.
What follows are the steps of how the treatment works:
- At the first meeting, your dentist will take x-rays of your mouth and complete a thorough examination of your mouth. It will help them to see if there are any underlying oral diseases present in your mouth or not.
- Then in the second meeting, your dentist will remove about half a millimetre of your enamel for veneers models. This process will take around 1 to 2 weeks as your veneers will be made with care and keeping your choices and inclination in mind.
- Once the veneers are ready, your dentist will schedule an appointment. In this third meeting, first, they will thoroughly clean your teeth so the veneers can stick to the optimal level. Then the dentists will prepare these veneers to place them on your teeth while checking the fit and colour.
- A special cement will be used to ensure optimal adhesion and will be promptly hardened by using ultraviolet light on your teeth. You need not worry about the light as it is totally harmless.
- Once the veneers are fixed, your dentist will schedule a follow-up appointment to ensure that everything is fit and fine.
Things to Keep in Mind while Getting Porcelain Veneers Melbourne:
If you ever wanted a Hollywood-esque smile then you might have considered porcelain veneers Melbourne. Veneers are thin layered shells that are cemented on your teeth permanently to hide the stain, discolouration, or mishap of your damaged teeth.
Although they look attractive, they are permanent and can be too costly sometimes. So, here are some things you should know before you get your porcelain veneers Melbourne:
Do Adequate Research on Cosmetic Dentist
This process is costly hence you don’t want to get it done through a cheap and unhygienic dental clinic. Do not choose someone who is fresh out of the dental school and don’t choose an experienced old dentist whose hands are shaky. Choosing a good cosmetic dentist is very important as it will make or break your appearance. So, research well and then opt for the best one.
May not need a Whole Mouth of Veneers
Your dentist will thoroughly scan, take digital images, and x-ray the condition of your mouth. By doing this, your dentist will be able to decide if you need veneers for all the teeth or not. You may need to cover your front teeth or maybe just a pair of discoloured teeth. Leave all these to the dentist you have chosen as he will help you with suggestions.
They are Permanent but will need Replacements after some time
If you keep taking care of your porcelain veneers Melbourne by scheduling regular check-ups, brushing, flossing then they will last longer. Expect 15 to 20 years or maybe even 30 years provided if you take strict follow a good oral health routine. However, as with all the cosmetic procedures, they will not last forever and will need replacement once or twice.
Know about Lumineers
These are the number 1 choice of the people in the world as they are the same as porcelain veneers but they will not require any trimming of your teeth.
Looking to make your smile remarkable? Well, you can always opt for porcelain veneers Melbourne but there are several other options available in the market too. So, research well and choose the best option for your beautiful smile.