Whether you're a tequila lover or just looking to expand your knowledge about this popular liquor, you'll want to read on. In this blog post, we will cover everything you need to know about tequila. We'll start with the origin of tequila, and then move on to discussing how it's made and the different types of tequila. Next, we'll teach you how to drink tequila like a pro, and finally we'll share some fun facts about this beloved liquor.
The origin of tequila
Did you know that tequila is named after the city of Tequila in Mexico? This city was actually named after the volcano nearby, which is called Tequila. The first distillery was built in this city back in 1530, and it's been a popular drink ever since. These days, you can even buy tequila online.
How it's made
Tequila is made from the blue agave plant, which is native to Mexico. The agave plants are harvested and then the hearts of the plants are cooked. After that, the juice is extracted and fermented. Once it has been fermented, the tequila is distilled and then bottled.
There are different types of tequila, including blanco, reposado, añejo, and extra añejo.
* Blanco tequila is the most common type of tequila and it's clear in colour
* Reposado tequila is aged for two to twelve months, and it has a golden colour
* Añejo tequila is aged for one to three years, and it's dark brown in colour
* Extra añejo tequila is aged for longer than three years, and it's very dark in colour
How to drink tequila
Tequila can be enjoyed in many different ways. The most popular way to drink tequila is with lime and salt. First, you'll want to lick the back of your hand and then sprinkle salt on it. Next, take a sip of tequila and then suck on a lime wedge. You can also drink tequila neat or on the rocks.
Famous people who love tequila
Tequila is a popular drink among celebrities. George Clooney, for example, is a big fan of tequila - he even has his own brand of tequila called Casamigos. Other celebrities who love tequila include Justin Timberlake, Rihanna, and Leonardo DiCaprio.
Fun facts about tequila
* Did you know there are over 1200 types of agave plants? The blue agave plant is the only type of agave plant that can be used to make tequila.
* Tequila is also known as "liquid gold" in Mexico.
* In order to be classified as tequila, the liquor must be made in specific regions of Mexico. These regions are called the Tequila Valley, the Highlands, and the Lowlands.
Why not try making your own tequila-based cocktail? One popular recipe is the margarita. To make a margarita, you'll need tequila, triple sec, lime juice, and ice. Simply combine all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Enjoy!